The traditional time for “resolutions” is New Year’s Day. But I don’t intend to wait.
I am in the process of re-envisioning myself and my future. As part of that process, I am re-designing and re-imagining this blog.
This change of focus will allow me to prepare for the publishing of my first novel sometime in the spring of 2019. In that regard I have taken a number of steps to insure that I get this done.
- I am writing 6 days a week, with Sunday off. This is quantified as a minimum of 1,200 words a day. If I go over on any particular day, so much the better, but this doesn’t change the requirement for the following day. Setting this habit and following through is important if I am to be in integrity with myself.
- I am starting to communicate with potential fans right now, before the book is completed, to build my potential audience in such a way that it will allow me to launch the book with some reasonable potential for success.
- I have set up a “beta readers” group in facebook to allow me the luxury of feedback in the early stages of the book.
- I will be re-establishing my YouTube channel with regular updates to my followers.
- I am not allowing myself to weasel out. By making my intentions public, I am adding an extra layer of accountablity.
- I am documenting my journey, what is working, what isn’t and any “aha” moments I may experience as I go.
It is my hope that my readers, here and also of my impending novel, will benefit in some way from experiencing this journey with me and that in some way it may enlighten, uplift and/or inspire those who visit here.